|Scientific Wallchart Division||Junior Division||Senior Division|
|Age||F.1 to F.6
Aged 19 or below
|F.1 to F.3
Aged 17 or below
|F.4 to F.6
Aged 19 or below
|Eligibility||Nominated by schools,
Each student submit 1 poster,
Maximum 5 students / school
|Nominated by schools,
2 – 5 students / team
|Maximum 8 teams / school|
|Project Types||Produce a poster to explain a science topic related to “Energy, Engineering or Environment”||A. Invention OR B. Investigation
Either “Physics and Engineering” OR “Biology and Chemistry” stream
|Can choose to compete for the “Energy, Engineering and Environment Award”|
|Project Requirements||An A1 size poster||1. Abstract
3. Model (Invention only)
|2019||24 October (Thur)||P.M.||Briefing Session||Hong Kong Science Museum|
|13 November (Wed)||23:59||Deadline for Nomination of Projects|
|21 December (Sat)||A.M.||Presentation Skills Workshop||Hong Kong Science Park|
|27 December (Fri)||A.M.||Training Workshop I||Hong Kong Science Park|
|2020||4 January (Sat)||A.M.||Training Workshop II||Hong Kong Science Park|
|16 January (Thur)||P.M.||Sharing Session with Advisors||Hong Kong Science Museum|
|February||Visits to Innovation and Technology Organizations and Laboratories||To be confirmed|
|26 February (Wed)||23:59||Deadline for Submission of Projects|
|21 March (Sat)||Whole Day||Initial Judging cum Project Exhibition||Hong Kong Science Park|
|18 April (Sat)||Whole Day||Final Judging cum Award Presentation Ceremony||Hong Kong Science Park|
|27 June (Sat)||P.M.||Project Exhibition of Winning Teams||Hong Kong Science Museum|
|July||Science and Technology Exchange Programme||Greater Bay Area|
|August||Overseas Exchange Programme||To be confirmed|
|To be confirmed||Overseas Competition||To be confirmed|
- First Prizes and Second Prizes
- Champions, 1st Runner-ups, 2nd Runner-ups, Honorable Mentions
- Best Newcomer Award
- Best Potential Award
- Society Care Award
- Energy, Engineering and Environment Award
- Champions of Junior and Senior Divisions will be sponsored to participate in overseas exchange programme.
- Champions, 1st runner-ups and 2nd runner-ups of Junior and Senior Divisions will be sponsored to participate in a Science and Technology Exchange Programme.
- Book coupons will be given to winning teams of all divisions as award.
- An entry that has been submitted to other competitions or exhibitions in previous school years will be accepted, provided that the entry has not received any award. Entries submitted to other competitions or exhibitions in the 2019/20 school year will also be accepted. If a participant has sought advice/assistance from any person, including his/her guiding teacher and assigned advisor, acknowledgement should be given to them in the application form and report.
- Each team of Junior, Senior and Scientific Wallchart Divisions would receive HKD200 subsidy for project development. (The subsidy could only be used for materials of project research and exhibition booth decoration.)
- The science projects submitted must be original work by the teams which should not infringe on the copyright of any third parties. All sources of information quoted in writing must be explicitly acknowledged. The organizer accepts no legal responsibility whatsoever in respect of any copyright issues.
- All experiments must be performed under the supervision of teacher guide and strictly following the safety guidelines from Education Bureau. For more details, please click here.
- The copyrights of the photos and videos of all activities, and science projects are deemed the properties of the organizers and the teams jointly. Once the application form is submitted, means that the teams agreed that the organizers have the right to edit, delete, duplicate, file, transfer, issue or display the photos and videos of all activities, and science projects for educational or other non-commercial purposes.
- Score sheets will not be distributed to teams. The results of competition shall be subject to the decision of the Judging Panel, participating teams shall not object. In all aspects, the Judging Panel shall be the final arbiter.