- Students equivalent to the study year of Form 1 to Form 6 (US Grade 7-12; UK Year 8-13), and;
- Aged 19 or below (born on or after 21 March 2001), and;
- Each team should consist of 2 to 5 members, and;
- One teacher guide is required to accompany the team throughout the event dates
- Direct Qualification from Regional, State or National Science Fairs Teams can be nominated by affiliated science fairs
- Individual Applications For teams which cannot get nomination from affiliated science fairs, they can submit their reports and be considered by our Selection Committee. The teams are required to be awarded in regional, state or national science fairs. A proof, such as certificate, should be provided.
- A registration fee of HKD 4,000 (USD 520) is required for each participant from 13 to 17 August 2020. The registration fee includes accommodation (share a twin room) and transportation from hotel to the event venue.
- Participants who wish to join the optional Discover Hong Kong Programme on 17 August have to pay extra HKD 1,000 (USD 130) for the accommodation, transportation and relevant entrance fee on 17 August. A total of HKD 5,000 (USD 650) registration fee is required.
- One teacher guide per team is waived for the registration fee (share a twin room). The rate for extra night or single room is HKD 1,000 (USD 130) per night, per person.
|Day 1||13 August 2020 (Thu)||Whole Day||Arrivals and Hotel Check-in|
|Day 2||14 August 2020 (Fri)||Morning||Visit to Hong Kong Wetland Park|
|Afternoon||Local School Visit|
|Late afternoon||Project Setup|
|Day 3||15 August 2020 (Sat)||Morning to Afternoon||Judging and Exhibition|
|Day 4||16 August 2020 (Sun)||Morning||Public Viewing|
|Afternoon||Award Presentation Ceremony|
|17 August 2020 (Mon)||Whole Day||Discover Hong Kong Programme
Tour A: Ocean Park + CUHK
Tour B: Lamma Power Station + HKU
Tour C: High Island East Dam + HKUST
|Day 6||18 August 2020 (Tue)||Whole Day||Hotel Check-out and Departures|
- Shuttle buses running between hotel and event venue will be arranged.
- Staff will pick up teams at the airport on the suggested arrival date.
- Grand Prize
- First Prize
- Second Prize
- Third Prize
- Honourable Mention